Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can you plug a normal atx power supply (from an old case) on a mini itx motherboard (SP13000)?

I have an old normal atx midi tower. Just bought a SP13000 mini-itx motherboard on eBay and am still planning a project so don't have a case and power supply yet for this motherboard. I want to test it is working properly though. Can I plug the atx power supply onto the board or will this fry my new board?Can you plug a normal atx power supply (from an old case) on a mini itx motherboard (SP13000)?
Test the voltage first before you try it.You need a volt meter.You should also know the voltage requirements for the new board.Can you plug a normal atx power supply (from an old case) on a mini itx motherboard (SP13000)?
If the ATX PSU header fits into the new MB, I would suspect yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment