Friday, May 14, 2010

Should I change everything from my HP PC into an empty ATX Mid Tower Case?

I have a pavilion 754n and I am working on upgrading it since it is almost 5 years old and only supports 1gb of ram, I want a new motherboard and obviously a new CPU.





I know that I need a new power supply and a new motherboard will probably not fit into the default tower.





I am thinking about buying an ATX Mid Tower Case with a 600W PSU, is it easy for me to just switch everything from the default tower into the new empty tower? This way I know that the new motherboard will fit in the tower and I would get a better Power supply since this PC comes with only a 200W PSU.





I also think it is cheaper to buy an entire case with a power supply unit instead of just buying a new 600W power supply unit. correct?





Thanks!! (everyone here has been helping me alot!)Should I change everything from my HP PC into an empty ATX Mid Tower Case?
pr0848|y n07, 8u7 17 w0u|d 83 w0r7h 17. d3f1n173|y w07h 17.Should I change everything from my HP PC into an empty ATX Mid Tower Case?
Yuppers. It would be a lot nicer and easier for you to just get a new case,they're not expensive and of course you'll need the extra power from the new supply to operate all of the new and more demanding hardware devices that you'll no doubt be adding to the unit as time goes on. You'd burn the old power supply up by trying to use it. I've got a 500 watt in mine but then again, I'm running a lot of extra stuff on my system, not to mention 3 cd/dvd rom/burner drives. Larry RadioShack 01-9590 Great question by the way and thank you for particpating.
The quick answer is yes. But if your computer is 5 years old and u r getting a new motherboard u must also get a new CPU to go with it and new RAM and if the new motherboard has only SATA ports for HDD a new hard drive. Also, most good video cards are PCI-e nowadays and many motherboards dont have AGP slots anymore so u may have to buy a VGA card as well if urs is AGP.

No comments:

Post a Comment