Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm building a PC I would like to know if a Shuttle case will fit a mirco ATX motherboard?

Will my micro ATX motherboard fit in a shuttle case (pictured) http://i13.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/23/f5/187e_1.JPGI'm building a PC I would like to know if a Shuttle case will fit a mirco ATX motherboard?
The answer to your question is no.





Those mini form factor cases only take mini-ITX type motherboards.





The good news is you can get a mini-ITX motherboard for $50...or $40 after rebate.





Here's the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>





There's a reason these cases exist and that is because they are cool. Falcon-NW.com makes what they call a fragbox. You can get the air circulation to cool it down but a lot of times you have to resort to water cooling.





Antec also makes an open case solution that is about the size of one of the minis...but your current motherboard can fit inside of it.





Here's the link for that one. It's an awesome case.





http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as鈥?/a>I'm building a PC I would like to know if a Shuttle case will fit a mirco ATX motherboard?
DON'T get a shuttle case - I had a shuttle and it was a nightmare - not enough room for the air to travel around. Started making funny noises quickly, and blew up. If you have to, make sure you fork out for a very god fan!
Ya know, if you are going to go through all the hassle of building your own PC, I'd get full sized everything to get the most power and speed out of it. Those mini boards aren't as fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment