Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dell Inspiron 531 into a new ATX case.?

Im interested in making my pc look a bit better although im quite new to pc building etc. Im after buying the ATX jet turbine case from maplin and wondered if its possible to use all my existing dell inspiron 531 componenets and swap them into the new case. This would include power supply too.


ThanksDell Inspiron 531 into a new ATX case.?
It appears as though the motherboard in the Dell Inspiron 531 is a standard micro-ATX form factor layout. You should be able to remove it and put it in any case that supports the micro-ATX form factor. Most of the other components should also be able to be moved into a new case (RAM, CD/DVD drive, graphics card, hard drive, CPU, etc...).


About the only component I am hesitant to say you can move is the power supply. I have a sneaking suspicion that Dell uses a proprietary power supply configuration (usually size). I believe Dell power supplies are not of a standard size. This is usually the case. That said, give it a try. Your computer may buck the trend. If worse comes to worst, and the power supply doesn't fit, you can pick up power supplies at fairly reasonable prices.


I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please add more details to this question, or feel to email me through my Yahoo! Answers profile.


Good luck.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment