Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gigaybyte Motherboard, G31, E7400, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 320GB HDD and ATX Case Deal questions?

I'm planning to purchase new PC I did some shoping in jordan and I have some questions, please respond even if you don't have answers to all the questions, thank you for taking the time,





First of all, Here is the parts I am considering to buy:





1. E7400 Intel Core2 Duo Processor


2. Gigabyte Motherboard G31 Intel Chipset


3. 4GB DDR2 667


4. ATX P4 Case





The above will cost me around 387$, I Intend to use on-board graphics and sound and ethernet, since I don't need high-end 3D performance as I don't play Games.





Secondly, this is what I Intend to do with my computer:


1. Play movies and audo


2. Video editing


3. Video encoding


4. Office or other productivity


5. Multi-task a lot, like listening to music, while downloading files or burning or encoding at the same time.





My questions are the following:


1. Will I be able to play 720p and 1080p video efficiantly?


2. Do you think 387$ is a lot to pay for these parts?


3. If i down-grade the processor to E5200, I will save 49$ do you think that is a good or bad cost saving considering what performance I will loose and the things I want to use my computer for? I can't find any performance charts comparing the E5200 to E7400 so I don't know how much performance I am going to loose with the E5200 if you have some reviews with performance tests please give me a link.


4. I need some price comparasions between E7400, E6850 and E8000 series


5. I read on intel's site, that G31 supports HDMI output, but when I asked my vendor who uses Elite and Gigabyte motherboards and ATX P4 Case, that there is no HDMI interface with this motherboard or case, how can i get HDMI support do I have to use a difirent motherboard manufactorer or a difirence case?


6. Does Graphic Media Accelerator x310 which comes with the G31 chipset support a resolution of 1366 x 768? this is so I can hock up my Graphic output to the Sharp Aquos LC-42PX5M to view moviesGigaybyte Motherboard, G31, E7400, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 320GB HDD and ATX Case Deal questions?
1. Yes you will be able to very easily


2. Try shopping around a bit. I would try http://www.newegg.com myself


3. I would not recommend downgrading. Here is a good deal for the E7400 on newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115206%26amp;Tpk=e7400]


4. Again, newegg has a great utility for this.


5. Try shopping around, and I know it seems like I keep touting newegg unrealistically, but......


6. That is a definite non-standard resolution, so it seems unlikely but that is just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment