Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I want to know if i have an ATX case or if i can upgrade my power supply for my computer?

I have an acer computer, i think it is a minitower...... not sure. Here is a link that maybe you can tell by looking at it, its not this computers specifications but it looks just like it.


http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page4.do?sp=鈥?/a>I want to know if i have an ATX case or if i can upgrade my power supply for my computer?
By the looks of it it is an ATX, so yes you can get a new power supply. However, I would disregard what the first guy said about spending 20-30 dollars at most on a 500W power supply, spend at least 60 so that you get a quality part that won't fail on you in a few months.I want to know if i have an ATX case or if i can upgrade my power supply for my computer?
Unless your computer is really old, then there is a 99% chance you have an ATX case and power supply. If you a new machine like a P4 then your power supply would be ATX 12 volts. Another sign of an ATX case is if the Mouse, Keyboard, parallel printer port, speaker and mike jack are all on one panel at the back
Computers can take only so many watts. It depends on what you have. If you have a 500 watt power supplyfor example . get same (500)or little more watts. Never get under watts you have now.Shop around on ebay you can get them very cheap. Spend 20-30 at most. Hope this helps you!! Be sure to get a ATX supply not an AT supply











A+ Student in high tech
open it up and look inside, if the power cable goes from the switch in the front to the power supply then you have an at power supply. the switch in the front goes to the main board witch is easy to tell,then its a atx.if its like the system in the pic,then it is def.a atx.

No comments:

Post a Comment