Sunday, January 24, 2010

I have an HP A1540n Motherboard transplanted into a new ATX case, I need to know the audio pinouts?

My son has an HP A1540N Desktop, I upgraded him to Windows 7 but he needed a new case and power supply as the old one wasn't compatible. I transplanted everything except the front audio and microphone jacks. I searched HP and the Internet looking for the motherboard pinouts and settings. The ATX case has like separate pin jacks while the A1540N case had all pins in one plug. Which separate pins go where in the motherboard? I don't want to make the wrong connection and short out the audio system. Any help?I have an HP A1540n Motherboard transplanted into a new ATX case, I need to know the audio pinouts?
Well I would show you some pictures of where the pins should go, but the easy way is to compare the pinouts to the pins. Basically the audio pinouts would only fit in one type of pin. Look at your pinout and see how the holes in it arrange. Now look at some of the pins located on the motherboard with the same arrangement as your pinout has. If it fits, then its good.I have an HP A1540n Motherboard transplanted into a new ATX case, I need to know the audio pinouts?
Looking at the the connector of the old case follow the color codes of the wiring to determine how to connect the new front panel.


Note there will be a small arrow to designate pin1 on the connector and a marking to indicate pin1 on the motherboard





You are right the HP manuals provided are worthless.





Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment