Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Reuse an ATX casing?

I'll be upgrading my PC and I've been considering what to do with my old CPU casing since I'll be replacing everything inside it. My old motherboard was an Asus ATX board, but I'll be using a microATX-size board once I upgrade. From what I've been told, the new processor I'm planning to mount will require a 500W PSU. Can I still reuse my casing if I just change the PSU?Reuse an ATX casing?
No you will not need to replace the case, it will work fine. Now as for who told you that you needed a 500W PSU for a processor, they are very very wrong. Perhaps if you are running a high end video card you need that much, but no processor needs anywhere near that much power.Reuse an ATX casing?
Should be fine.
Yes, micro ATX is smaller than a ATX mobo, you will have more room to work around.
The one thing I have not replaced in 10 years is my case. It's a giant full tower and my new Asus MoBo looks puny compared to the original MoBo I had for Win95.


Asus is known for making great MoBos that can be easily adapted to fit anywhere.


From what I have read, Windows Vista is going to be a power hog, and I've heard that my 450watt PS may not be enough! Can you imagine? My PC will use more juice then 5 100 watt lightbulbs!


It used to be that the monitor was the hog, now it's the OS!!
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment