Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is the motherboard in my computer a micro atx motherboard and if so can it fit in a bigger case?

I want to know if my motherboard can fit in a bigger case(a mid-tower) that supports micro atx and atx motherboards.


Its a SR1303 WM Compaq Presario computer


The motherboard is a ASUS A7V8X-LA


The chipset is VIA KM400AIs the motherboard in my computer a micro atx motherboard and if so can it fit in a bigger case?
Yes, it is a micro atx, and if the case supports micro atx motherboards, then you are good to go.Is the motherboard in my computer a micro atx motherboard and if so can it fit in a bigger case?
A7V8X-LA is indeed a micro ATX motherboard most of the time a regular mATX will fit in regular ATX cases as the chassis mount points for mATX should be present. But there are some older type matx boards that have trouble lining up with the backplate at the back of the case where all your cables plug in etc.





Allthough i doubt you'll run into this problem.





---------------------------


http://motherboardz.org
I can't tell you if it's a micro ATX, but if it is, it will fit just fine in a full ATX case.

No comments:

Post a Comment